Styles of Shooting Allowed
- Olympic Recurve
The student may test for each bow type.
Class Format & Times
- Monday 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm
- Tuesday 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm
- Wednesday 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm
- Friday 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm
- Outdoor practice is at Oranco Bowmen Archery Club. Oranco is a great supporter of our Joad but their range is private and the fee is not included with the cost of the JOAD program. Once you join Oranco Bowmen you are given the gate code and you can practice anytime.
- Weekend classes are at the discretion of the coach. Classes on the weekends are 2 hours. Depending on whether it’s indoor or outdoor competition season or the type of upcoming tournament, the classes will be held at Oranco Bowmen, or indoors at Riverside Archery. Practice will be suspended on those weekends they are attending tournaments.
Practice Requirements and Other Purchases
- The student must practice at least 3 times a week, once in class and at least once on their own. JOAD members get 6 hours of free range time every month (for use outside of class).
- Membership in USA Archery and the NFAA are required within 30 days of joining.
- You must purchase your own equipment within 30 days of joining the JOAD class.
- Oranco Bowmen Archery club membership for outdoor practice.
- The student will need to purchase 2 team jerseys.
Etiquette & Expectations
- The student must be able to communicate clearly with other teammates, competitors, and officials.
- Basic math is required for this sport. The student must be able to add arrow point totals, running totals, check their math, and the math of other competitors on their tournament score cards.
Achievement Awards/Pin Tests
- Once a month JOAD students are formally tested on one of the styles listed on the left.
- The student may test for each bow type/style.
- Each test has a distance, target size and minimum score required for passing. on successful completion, the student will receive their achievement award. The awards are pins that are kept on a lanyard on their quiver. Only one pin per test will be awarded.
- There are 11 pin awards, the last 3 are the bronze, silver & gold Olympic awards. These are difficult to achieve and come with a certificate and prize from USA Archery.
If you or your child would like to join JOAD and meet the criteria listed, please ask one of the staff for the JOAD Orientation sign-up form. This form is only available in person.
Their service options:In-store shopping / In-store pickup
Here are some people’s opinions about riverside archery
They have a full service shop and a good selection of equipment.
Shooting on the range is always fun and the people I have met are so nice.
Answered questions and gave me some shooting tips.
Brought my 10 yr old in for a lesson with karina. She was so kind and patient with my kid. The whole staff was friendly from the start which I truly appreciate. We’ll definitely be back for more!
Excellent service. Came in to get my bow tuned and I couldn’t be happier. Super friendly, professional, and helpful staff.They’ve told me to read archery books in order to gain more knowledge about this sport. Will definitely be returning for another visit!
Just wanted to express gratitude and show some thanks back to all the staff of riverside archery. Extremely happy and impressed with the work done. My lever bow is ready for another season thanks to all of you. Thanks again for sponsorship of big bear lakes carp round up as well!!
What is the 3D Archery Shoot?
Watch this cool video to dicover it with the team of riverside archery.
Are riverside archery’s shoots open to everyone?
Yes, they are open to anyone who wants to shoot at our event. However, all shooters, regardless of membership status, must pay for their own entry fee.
What are the benefits of being a member?
Besides enjoying their great company, the main benefit is 24/7 accessibility to their archery range; you will be provided with a key to the front gate and you’ll be free to come and leave whenever you want.