The Best Archery Finger Tabs – Beginner’s Guide
You’re new to shooting arrows and still looking for all the accessories you need to improve your accuracy. One such item is an archer tab or “finger tab,” which prevents the bow string from painfully colliding with the tips of your fingers when drawing back the bow. What are some good archer tabs?
What Are Archery Finger Tabs?
Let’s start by explaining what archery finger tabs are?
Archer gloves come in two main types: synthetic material or pure leather. They’re usually made up of several tabs that fit onto one hand.
An arrow’s fletching (the feathers at the end of the shaft) should not cause any damage to the skin when the arrow hits its target. However, if the arrow makes direct contact with the skin, then there may be some kind of unpleasant result. Therefore, you want to do everything you can to prevent the arrow from making direct contact with the skin.
You need to be patient when starting out as an archer because you’re going to make lots of errors. It takes practice before you get good at it.
Most fingernail tabs include a loop and some kind of adhesive for wrapping the nail around your fingertip. Which fingertip do you place the nail on, you wonder? That should be your index fingertip.
the 8 Best Archery Finger Tabs and Gloves
For beginners, we’ll focus on basic finger tabs and archer’s glove. If you’re going to shoot in cold weather, you might want to consider adding some archer’s glove.
Huntingdoor Soft 3 Finger Archery Glove Black and Brown Protective Finger Guard Suede Finger Tab for Left and Right Hand Shooter
- Well made of suede and leather, high quality and durable, the best choice of bow equipment for men, women, youths, beginner and pros.
- Strong protection for your fingertips, eliminating fingertip pain. Protect your fingertips from arrows during archery, shooting, or target practice.
- Adjustable wrist drawstrings, the finger gloves straps can be easily adjustable to better suit your hand size. The elastic material makes for a comfortable experience when wearing them.
- It’s suitable for both left and right handed people. It provides a good feeling when worn.
- Package Includes: 1 x Finger Glove Material: suede and leather. Size: 8″ x 2.8″ (L x W) Weight: approx 30g
Ringsun Archery Leather Finger Tabs Handmade Shooting Practice Equipment Recurve Bow Finger Tab
- Emphasizes the sense of unity of your hands.
- Absolute stability, accuracy, and sense of unity of hooking
- Aluminum & anodizing surface treatment
- Top quality Leather made, more durable
- Adjustable ledge, replaceable face and backing
TRIWONDER Archery Arm Guards & Arrow Finger Tab Finger Saver Set Adjustable Straps Archer Shooting Arm Protector for Hunting Shooting
- Material – made from high quality leather fabric, the archery guard shows strong ability in scratching resistance and wear resistance, comfortable and soft, sturdy and durable
- Adjustable Design – With three adjustable straps, the bow guard helps fit your arms perfectly. It’s easy to put on or take off, so it could be adjusted for most adults’ arms.
- PROTECTS YOUR ARM FROM THE BOUNCE OF THE BOWSTRING WHEN YOU ARE SHOOTING HUNTING TRAINING. NON-SKID FINGER TAP IS EFFECTIVE TO ADD CUSHIONING FOR BETTER PROTOCOLS.
- ACTIVE IN OUTDOOR :Their arrow arm guards are well sewn in great construct, lightweight and easy to carry. Greatly protect your fingers and your lower arm from being hit and bounced, perfect for shooting, hunting and target practice
- They offer a 100% guarantee: if you don’t like their product, return it within 30 days and they’ll refund your purchase price.
Toparchery Leather 2 Straps Arm Guard & 3 Finger Protective Gloves for Recurve Compound Long Bow Hunting Shooting Brown
- Material:Archery arm guard and glove set, made of leather, lightweight, easy to carry, breathable, comfortable touching feelings, also durable.
- Dimensions: Arm Protector Length: Approx. 18cm / 7.08 inch, Width (upside): Approx.11cm / 4.3inch , Width (underneath): Approx. 9cm / 3.5 inch. Finger Guard Length: 19cm, Width: 6.5cm.
- Adjustable Design:To hold it securely, adjust the strap that fit your arm and finger size perfectly. Arm guards for archery with 2 adjustable straps and suitable for youths and adults.
- Archery Protection: Protect your forearm from the bounce of the bowstring when the arrow release. Well protect your forearm from being hit by the bowstring. Nice archery gloves and arm guards for recurve traditional bow shooting hunting training.
- Package Includes:1 x Arm Guard, 1x Finger Glove. (Note: This is cowhide material. It will be slightly faded when sweating or watering. This is normal and does not affect use.)
CyberDyer Cow Leather Archery Finger Tab for Recurve Bows Hunting Finger Protector Brown
- 1. Made of high quality Cowskin Material; fits most of right hand use archers.
- 2. Size(L x W): 7.7cm x 6.6cm/ 3.03 inch x 2.59 inch; Weight: 0.52oz/18g.
- 3. It could prevent arm and fingers far from hurt when you shooting.
- 4. Sweat-resistant material,breath freely and perfectly protect your fingers.
- 5. Package included: 1 x Archery Finger Tab.
KESHES Archery Glove Finger Tab Accessories – Leather Gloves for Recurve & Compound Bow – Three Finger Guard for Men Women & Youth
- Measure your hands for the perfect fit. Make sure to measure the vertical side of the palm of the hand, (as shown above), to purchase the correct Archery glove. If you need help measuring, feel free to contact them.
- Three-Fingered Design – The three-fingered tabs tipped with high quality cow leather, will be your most comfortable archery gloves for archery, hunting and targetting, eliminating discomfort and fingers slipping. Great archery glove for compound and recurve bows.
- Adjustable Velcro Staple – The adjustable velcro staple allows for firm adjustment of the archery fingerguard to fit your hand perfectly. It ensures a better archery shooting experience by ensuring a good grip on the string.
- They use high quality faux leather and cow leather for their finger tab so they’re durable and long lasting. They’re also incredibly comfortable to wear.
- LOVE IT, OR YOUR MONEY BACK-at KESHES, stand behind their product 100% and guarantee you, your full money back, being if you’re not 100% satisfied, although they don’t doubt that you will love Keshes Archery Protective Leather Glove.
NedFoss Archery Finger Tab, Handmade Genuine Leather Archery Glove Finger Tab Accessories, Protect Guard for Recurve Bow, Compound Bow, Shooting Practice Gear – Suitable for Left Hand and Right Hand
- GREAT LOOKING AND EASY TO USE: Their archer finger protection is a stylish and practical tool for archer of all skills level. Perfect for archer practicing shooting targets or hunters. Great archer finger tab for compound & recurve bows accessory. It will be a great combination with the archer arm guard.
- Handmade and comfortable materials: This archer glove accessory is made of genuine cowhide with care and craftsmanship; it’s soft enough for you not to feel any pressure from the strings when shooting arrows. It won’t wear out quickly.
- SIZE: 3.3 x 2.7 inches in length and width, 0.52 oz/ 14.8 g, This archery finger saver far suitable than your average archery gloves. It fits for most sizes of fingers and is lightweight that won’t bring you extra burden. This archery finger guard will protect your hands like archery arm guard.
- Adjustable Fingertip Strap: The strap of the fingertip archer’s glove can be firmly adjusted with a tie to fit your fingers perfectly. It has special material which reduces the frequency of fixing and effectively eliminates discomfort and hand slippage. The best archer’s gloves, to guarantee a better bow and arrow shot experience.
- Suitable for both left and right hands: The inner lining of the dual piece fingertab is facing each other, so you can easily switch between your right and left fingers when needed.
how to make an archery finger tab?
how to use a finger tab archery?
How Often to Replace Archery Finger Tabs?
Some archers remove their finger tab when they reach 10,000 arrows without replacing it. Others don’t count the number of arrows and decide if it’s a good idea to change it based on its appearance.
There isn’t just one rule of thumb for when to replace your finger tabs. If you use your tabs less during cold months, they’ll be able to withstand the winter conditions better than if you were to use them throughout the entire year. However, if you practice archery regardless of the seasons, then your finger tabs will need replacing sooner.
Finger tabs can help prevent painful string marks on your skin from accidentally shooting yourself when you’re first starting out. They’re a good thing for beginners and something you may want to keep using even after you become more experienced. And also if you want more details about the equipment of this amazing sport you should start reading archery books.